Wednesday, December 10, 2014

One Year!

Hi everyone!!!

I've officially been on my mission for 1 year!!! I can't believe it. It's been great though! 11 more months to go! :) I don't really have any time left to write now, but, I wanted to mention this, haha :) I burned a white shirt to celebrate, and filmed it XD My MTC companion did too -- he was living with me. We went up on the roof at night to do this XD It was awesome!

We baptized a 56 year-old woman 3 weeks ago, and she is amazing! She has a very strong testimony of the restored gospel and the church, and it was awesome to see her progress. She was in depression when we met her, but now, she is a lot happier. What happened was, 3 years and 5 months ago, her husband was run over by a bus, in front of her.. and then, she entered into depression, and moved here, from Sao Paulo, to live with her mom. About 2 months ago, her mom passed away, and then 2 days later, her sister told her that she had to leave her house, since it was in her name, and not her mom's. So now, she's living with her half-sister, but, it's not so great there, because her husband is always smoking, and there is a boy with autism there, who doesn't really realize what he's doing, and it's difficult to be around him. We're helping her find a new place to live, and maybe a part-time job. Her daughter, in Sao Paulo, is trying to save money to get a new apartment, so that she can go and live with her. So yeah, that's the situation with her for now. But, I want you all to know, that living the gospel truly changes people's lives.

I have a very strong testimony of the work that I am doing here on my mission. It is truly the work of salvation. Even though many do not believe, I do. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one true church here on the Earth. It is the church of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is God's church. We have a living prophet, and apostles, who receive revelation from God -- and so, it is God who is directing the church, not men. I know, without a doubt, that this church is true. I will never deny my testimony of this church. Thank you all for your love and support, and your letters and emails, and packages.

I love you all! Have a great holiday season!!!

Elder Canto

P.S. I was going to send pictures, but the SD card reader isn't working on this computer.. oh well! :S

No comments:

Post a Comment