Monday, February 16, 2015

Carnaval!

This week is Carnaval, which is the Brazilian holiday that's like Mardi-Gras, and so basically half of the members in my ward here weren't there yesterday! Exciting, right? Also, it was a bit of a challenge to find a LAN house that was open today -- but, we found one. (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this!) I got a package from Alissa for Valentine's Day, which I opened on Saturday, and it was awesome! She sent me a bunch of candy, and a card, and a letter, and 11 pages about things that she's learned on her mission so far -- it was awesome! I don't know how I'm going to compete with this.. haha

We've been teaching a 13 year-old boy this past week, and he went to church with us yesterday. He's really awesome! We set a goal with him to be baptized on the 22nd (next Sunday), and he accepted, so we're going to be teaching him a lot this week. His mom is a less-active member, who was baptized when she was 16, but then when she was 19, she moved to another state, and there wasn't a church there, so she stopped going. It's been 20 years since she's been to church now, but she's going to start going again. :D I'm excited for her and her son and the decisions they're making. I hope that all will go well!

On Tuesday, we had what's called a Mission Tour, where an Area Seventy (Elder Granja) and his wife came and spoke to us. It was really awesome. I talked with him afterwards and he said that there's a beach in Brazil called "Canto Beach". :D haha -- my name is everywhere here! In church hymns, names of stores.. it's funny. Canto means "corner" or "place" (in a sense), also, "song", and "I sing". So yeah.. that's why.

Anyways, sorry that this is short, but, I need to get going now. I'm not very good at being consistent with these updates, I know.. I'm sorry!

I hope that you're all doing well! Feel free to respond to this message and I will respond to you also. :D If you're not wanting to receive more updates from me, just let me know, and I will remove you from the list of recipients!

Have a great week, everyone!

I love each of you!

Elder Canto



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment