Monday, February 10, 2014

4 Weeks in Brazil!

Hey everyone!

Again, I apologize for missing another week of writing an update! It's hard to read emails and respond to people individually and do everything I want to do in 60 minutes! I'm going to have to start making these shorter -- last time it was 2 pages front and back handwritten -- way too much! haha

So anyways, we had 2 people that we were teaching last week, and one of them came to church, but one of them dropped us, and the other one did as well, later in the week, due to personal issues. So we focused on finding new people to teach last week. We found a few -- but we keep having appointments fall through and all sorts of bad luck, like, for example, I kept feeling sick after lunch, after 2 or 3 hours of working, so I needed to go to our apartment and rest for a while a few times, which meant missing out on a few hours of working. I talked to the mission president's wife about my stomach issues, and she said that this happens with a lot of Americans -- because our stomachs aren't used to the food here at first, so she said to take some medicine for my stomach before eating, to eat less, and to eat more slowly. Hopefully this will help! I want to be able to work! :)

I don't know if I mentioned this yet -- I find it very funny -- there is a lot of American stuff here. For example, tons of people have shirts with English words on them (and they have no idea what they say, haha!), most of the movies they watch here are from the U.S., and TV shows too -- and the best part -- is that a lot of the music I hear out on the streets is in English, and is music that I recognize! When was the last time you heard music in Portuguese where you live? Never, right? haha -- but they do have some great music in Portuguese/Spanish here, based on what I've heard on the streets. There are people who push around these carts full of DVDs that people can buy (idk about rent), and they blast music to get people's attention. Think of it as a mobile Redbox machine -- haha

Well that's all I have time to write this week. I love you all and miss you, and I pray for your well-being each day. :) Feel free to email me and say hi, tell me how you're doing, ask questions, send pictures, anything really (keep it missionary-appropriate thought XD).

I have a testimony of the work that I'm doing here, and a desire to share my knowledge of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ with anyone who is willing to listen. It has brought my family and I so much happiness and joy, and I want others to be able to experience it as well. We need to follow Jesus Christ's example, and have faith in Him, and in God, and trust in them.

Have a spectacular week!

Elder Canto 

No comments:

Post a Comment