Monday, June 9, 2014

World Cup this month!!! Update -- 6-9-2014

Hey everyone!

We're actually starting to make some real progress here! Yesterday night, we taught an investigator, who said he wants to serve a mission like us, and he also said that the Mormon church is the most correct church on the earth! This guy is seriously awesome! I hope that he actually follows through with this mission dream that he has! It was really funny, last night, during the lesson, Elder Anderson would say one sentence -- or even half a sentence, and then he would start talking again and interrupt him.. XD We only got through the "Where did we come from?" part of the Plan of Salvation lesson, in about 40 minutes.. XD I think it's already pretty clear that this guy will want to be baptized! :) What a blessing! We met him through teaching our English class, along with another investigator who is really awesome as well. The English class is awesome for getting people more comfortable with the church! Plus, it's just a lot of fun to teach it in general. :)

I realized that I posted a bit of personal information, connected with names, here on my blog.. so, I'm going to be a bit more careful about that from now on! I might use fake names or something. Our investigator that we taught last night asked us not to tell anyone anything that he said, when we were leaving, and it made me realize that I need to be careful about what I say. People are very open with us sometimes, because they trust us.

So yeah, the other investigator that we got to know through teaching the English class, is making some pretty significant changes in his life. His family loves us too, and they forbid us to stop being his friend and trying to help him.. haha! Works for me! We basically visit this guy every day, and it's been such a great experience to get to know him. He's probably my best friend in Brazil at this point. He has made this area that I'm serving in, really special, and really awesome. The other day, after going to church on Sunday, he was dropping us off at someone's house, and he said "Hey, you guys performed a miracle!" and we were like "Huh? What did we do??" and he said, "I went to church!" -- he hadn't gone to any church in about 15 years.. I guess he's right! We did perform a miracle! :D He came to church this Sunday as well. Seriously, this guy is awesome.

We're going to try and pass by all 43 of the people that we have addresses for this week, and see who's still interested and who's not. I went through and counted, and we've only taught 10 of them at least once, and 3 of them 2 or more times.. a lot of them, are just never home! It's difficult, but we're persistent!

Have a great week! I love you all!!!

Elder Canto

Inline image 1
We all got Brazil soccer jerseys for the World Cup, which is starting this month! :D We also got permission to watch the Brazil games at member's houses! Oh one more thing, we were told this week, that we're going to start focusing 50% on proselyting, and 50% on helping less-active members return to the church. I'm excited for the experiences that we're going to have, and to be able to be a little more creative with our lessons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment