Monday, July 28, 2014

Fwd: Update - 7-28-14

I almost made it through the whole month of July without writing an update for my blog! Yikes!

Hi everyone! We had a baptism this Saturday! After 6 long months in the mission field.. but, I think I had a lot of things to learn up until this point, and now, this is only the beginning. :D I'm going to baptize everyone! haha -- just kidding. But the person who we baptized, her name is Jessica, and she's 16 years old.

The area that I'm in (the past 5 weeks now), is called Conde, and it's a small town in the middle of nowhere. It's surrounded by forests and hills, hah. It's only 15 minutes away from the ocean though! The beach here is really awesome -- but we can't go on the sand or in the water.. it's nice to look at though! XD

I have learned so much this month -- it's crazy. I also gained a stronger testimony of the power of fasting! When you are fasting, you are more in tune to the promptings from the Spirit -- it's true!

I've been arguing with my companion Elder Cesar quite a bit, but, we're.. surviving. haha! Nah it's not that bad. We do argue a lot some days, but we get along for the most part. I'm not sure what the problem is... I just know that this is good preparation for marriage! We have to resolve our problems and continue working together. If we're not united, it's hard to have the Spirit with us.. so.. we need to work on that! But I'm learning a lot from these difficulties that I've been having with my companion. When we're struggling and things are rough, that's when we pray the most and learn the most! So, I'm grateful for my trials and difficulties -- as hard as they are at times.

I have a stronger testimony than ever of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is something that everyone can benefit from, if they study it, and live it's teachings. The gospel allows us to live better and happier lives. It's not just a list of things to do either -- it's a way of life! Jesus Christ showed us the way, he left us a perfect example, through His life, which He gave for us. It was not easy, not in the least. Our part, that we have been asked to do, is much easier than what He went through! We just need to have faith in Him, repent of our sins, be baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. And faith, faith is essential here. Without faith, the other 4 things cannot be accomplished! It is important that we not only have faith, but that we show our faith, and allow it to grow, by following His example, and putting our faith into action.

I love you all! Have a great week!!!

Elder Canto

The beach in Jacuma (the other part of our area)


The beach in Tambau (city)


Photo from the baptism (it turned out pretty cool with the sun there like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment