Monday, September 29, 2014

This one time.. I ate armadillo.. and.. wait, what?

Hi everyone!

This week, we had a lady come to church with her daughter, after a few weeks of bad luck (nobody coming to church). It wasn't exactly what we were expecting, since we had spoken with various people, and 5 of them were telling us that they would for sure be going, and 8 of them were saying that they would maybe be able to make it.. 5 + 8 = 1? This math is a bit tricky.. haha! But yeah, it's always like this -- we have 10+ people who we invited, who said they'd go, and then Sunday morning, there are 0-4 people at church.. I'm not sure why, but.. that's just how it is! It's always like this.. always!

Anyways, I learned how to make tapioca last week (finally -- and it's really easy, too.. haha! oh well.. -- basically, you have this certain type of flour, and you spread it out on a frying pan, and it all sticks together, and it's more or less like a burrito in the end -- but yeah.. it's really good! if you're confused, look it up. haha), we walked 2 hours from Conde to Valentina for our district meeting (2 weeks in a row now), um.. what else.. I went on an exchange and stayed in Valentina for one day with Elder Lisboa, and we were doing a bunch of street contacts and door contacts -- he's really good at it! I bascially just stayed quiet most of the time and helped when I could -- sometimes it's hard to participate when the other person starts the contact, and also, when it's between 2 Brazilians, I barely have time to think, since they're talking so fast! hah

My companion and I are becoming good friends (it wasn't easy.. hah) -- but yeah, we're doing lots of good things here in Conde now -- basically, this week we dropped almost all of our investigators who weren't progressing in any way, shape, or form, and then, we found a ton of new people to teach. It's working out pretty well! We also received a reference from a sister missionary in another area, and we went and contacted him yesterday, and he told us about how he was being taught by two elders 4 or 5 years ago, and then he lost contact with them. He said that it is his dream to be baptized (I can't believe he said that -- this is something any missionary would love to hear from an investigator XD) -- so we're going to be teaching him this week, and mark a baptismal date for him. This weekend is General Conference, a broadcast where the leaders of the church speak to everyone, and I am really excited. Watching General Conference is always awesome, but, as a missionary, it's the coolest thing ever! haha! If you're interested in watching it, go to http://www.lds.org on October 4th and 5th, and you can watch it live, online. I promise that you won't regret it! :)

OH! I forgot to mention something very important. Two Saturdays ago.. I ate ARMADILLO!!! XD I didn't know what I had eaten until the next day, when I asked a member here in Conde, who speaks English, "What's Tatu?", and he told me, and I laughed hysterically for a few minutes. XD I had been thinking that that was what it was, seeing as it had a shell and all.. haha! I didn't know that people eat armadillo.. But anyways..

I love you all -- have a wonderful week!!! Keep me in your prayers, please!

Be sure to watch General Conference this weekend!!!

Elder Canto

No comments:

Post a Comment