Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Transfer #7

Hey everyone! So yesterday night, we got our phone call about transfers. It was very exciting news.. everyone is staying here in Conde! Again! All 4 of us! haha

 I'm planning on making goals for Elder Cesar and I to improve on the work that we're doing here in Conde -- we have lots of room for improvement! Oh man.. I have 7 minutes left to email.. yikes.. hah, this always happens

So there was a parade on Sunday to celebrate Independence Day (Brazil), 1 week late, but, it was still awesome! It went on for about 3 hours, and there is a crazy amount of schools here in Conde. They had the bands from each school marching and playing music, and there were other things as well. The Brazilian style of clothing is pretty interesting for parties and celebrations. Oh, and at night, on the way home, the power had gone out in the center of the town, so we walked along the streets and it was completely dark -- I used our cell phone to see where I was walking XD The cobblestone roads and sidewalks like to stick out and try and trip you

I'm excited to have 6 more weeks here in Conde. We have 2 investigators who we've been working with for about a month, and we're hoping that they will feel more ready to be baptized soon. Other than that, we found some new investigators last week, and we're beginning to teach them this week.

I've been studying Preach My Gospel a lot more the past week, and it's helping a lot! I was reading through The Book of Mormon when I arrived in the mission field, and then I read part of The New Testament, and various other things. I realized that I was barely studying Preach My Gospel! I'm planning on reading it a lot more from now on -- it helps a ton with missionary work. Lots of great suggestions and advice.

I need to go now, but, I want you all to know that I love you, and I am so grateful for your letters and emails. I know that the work that I am doing here is true the work of salvation, and I have such a strong testimony of the things that I am teaching people about here on my mission. I love being a missionary, despite the many difficulties and trials that experience here. I am learning so much! I am definitely a different person than I was when left -- for the better. I am still the same person, personality-wise, though, of course! haha

Have a great week, everyone! Keep me in your prayers!

Elder Canto

No comments:

Post a Comment