Monday, March 31, 2014

Mission Update -- 3/31/14

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a great week!

This past week was tough, we had a lot of teaching appointments fall through, and the person we had set up a baptismal interview with for Friday didn't make it to the interview. But, he still wants to be baptized this Sunday, so all is well! Our district has a goal for this week to double all of our goals for lessons and finding new people to teach. We're going to have to work really hard, but it is going to be awesome. Everyone is really excited to try and reach these goals this week.

On Saturday, my companion and I were stuck at the church for just about the whole day, because someone's son passed away in our ward, and there was also a double-wedding (2 seperate couples) the same day. Imagine that, a funeral and a wedding in the same building, at almost the same time.. crazy! The funeral was supposed to be at 3pm, but it got moved to 8pm. They had to tell everyone to come back later in the day. We got stuck watching the gate and letting people in (there are walls and gates around our chapel, and just about every building here!) for a few hours -- but it wasn't too bad. We even got wedding cake at the end of the reception! The funeral was after that... we had this idea to try and help people out though, which I hope works out. We set up tables by the doors and gave out copies of The Liahona (church magazine) and "The Plan of Salvation" pamphlets to people, and got a bunch of names and addresses to share a message about the plan of salvation to help comfort people. We're going to be teaching this lesson to probably 6 people tomorrow. I really hope that we can help these people out in this hard time in their lives. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, made this wonderful plan for us to return to live with Him and with God after this life -- The Plan of Salvation. I am so grateful for this knowledge.

Like I said, I'll try to write updates more often from now on! Even if they're not very long sometimes, I'll try to at least be more consistent. I appreciate all of the emails that I've gotten -- I'll try to respond to as many as I can! Have a great week everyone!

I love you all and I am always praying for you!

Elder Canto

No comments:

Post a Comment