Monday, September 28, 2015

Surprise! You were transferred!

So I was transferred last week, and it was a huge surprise to me, since I was the newest missionary in my last area, and what's even stranger, is that everyone else stayed there! My old companion, Elder Riffo, called me twice last week, and told me that everyone misses me, and that this girl that we were teaching was baptized yesterday! I was really excited about that. Her mom had said that she wouldn't be baptized until next year (unless a miracle happened), just 2 weeks ago, and then, all of a sudden, she changed her mind! :D

My new area is called Queimadas, which has something to do with burning or something burnt, if you translate it. It's really hot here -- but apparently that's not why it has this name, hah. My new companion is Elder Markham, and he's an American, from Colorado, and... he's awesome. But also, crazy. (in a good way XD) He's been on his mission for 8 months, and he's still learning Portuguese -- but for the most part, he speaks really well.

We spent this past week getting to know a bunch of the church members here, and learning the area. We found 14 new investigators, but ended up dropping the majority of them before the end of the week, and we had 1 lady come to visit the church. I'm not sure how things will go with her, because she LOVES her church, but.. who knows! Hopefully she'll make some progress this week.

We only have water between Tuesday afternoon and Saturday morning here, and so we have to keep water in these 2 plastic bins that we have, to use on the weekends. I'm not in the US anymore... haha!

Last night, we went up on the roof with the owner of our apartment and watched the lunar eclipse, where the moon turned completely dark -- it was interesting! Apparently, there won't be another one until the year 2037, so I'm glad that we got to see it!

Hopefully we'll be able to find some people who are more interested this week, and we'll be able to teach more lessons at people's homes.

I can't believe that I only have 4 weeks left on my mission, and that I'll be flying home exactly one month from today... I'm going to have to make the most of this time that I have left! I love being a full-time missionary, and I am really going to miss it, especially when I'm at home. But, I am really excited to see everyone again! :) Especially my fianceé! (that means you, Alissa :D)

Have a wonderful week!

We didn't end up going to the parade on Independence Day, by the way. We decided that it wasn't a good place for 2 missionaries to be.

Elder Canto

No comments:

Post a Comment